I have always been into cars. Especially model RC cars. Back in the day, I used to buy Radio Shack XMods and race those around. They were some of the coolest toys I remember having growing up. Now since Radio Shack doesn’t exist and I still want cool RC cars, I found the Kyosho Mini Z line of cars. They are surprisingly better than I remember the X Mods ever being! In this week’s video, we go over how to add a custom light kit to an RC ca r (specifically the Celica GT-Four) and give the car a custom laser cut base with the glowforge.
If you would like access to ALL of our laser files moving forward, head over to www.patreon.com/whengeekscraft For $2 dollars a month you get access to all of our laser files that have been shown in videos as well as some that never made it to youtube!
Join our discord server: https://discord.gg/gwVqCCp . Make new friends and talk about things!
Below are Amazon Affiliate Links to tools used in this build. Using these links don’t cost you any extra, they just help us feed the cats and leave the lights on:
- MINI-Z AWD CELICA TURBO 4WD – https://www.kyoshoamerica.com/32615JK-MINI-Z-AWD-CELICA-TURBO-4WD-No-7-WRC-1993-Juha-Kankkunen-MA-020-RS-Toyota_p_26161.html
- Walnut plywood – https://shop.glowforge.com/
- Acrylic Sheet – https://shop.glowforge.com/
- Insta-Cure Gap Filling 2oz Bob Smith Ind. – https://amzn.to/32lGZho
- Bob Smith Industries BSI-201 Quik-Cure Epoxy – https://amzn.to/306dalM
- Wiring Kit – https://amzn.to/2Y0WNEB
- Hacko Soldering Station – https://amzn.to/30336tF
- ELEGOO 17 Values 1% Resistor Kit Assortment – https://amzn.to/3gNCJ0R
- BOJACK 10 Colors 400 pcs 3mm LED Diode Lights Assored Kit Pack – https://amzn.to/2XUB3Kt
- 1.5mm 4 pin JST connector – https://amzn.to/2U7yWlf
We used a Glowforge to make the stand. If anybody is interested in purchasing a Glowforge you can use our referral code to get: $500 off a pro, $250 off a plus, or $100 off a basic. We’ll get credit too! Use the link below. We love our Glowforge. Feel free to message us with any questions!
Head over to https://whengeekscraft.com for more of what we do!