Thure and I play a lot of Dungeon and Dragons 5e. Like many others, we love dice. We thought it was finally time to try to make some dice. We have made molds in the past with a pressure pot but never with a vacuum chamber. We wanted to see if there was any difference in using the two different machines and see which had the best result!
Our Pressure pot was made following this video from Jake Thompson on youtube! Its a Harbor Freight paint sprat pressure pot converted to be used for resin. – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jOttgLQvpA
Below are Amazon Affiliate Links to tools used in this build. Using these links don’t cost you any extra, they just help us feed the cats and leave the lights on:
- Alumilite Clear Casting Resin (Slow) Low Viscosity, Transparent, 32 oz. Package 12 MIN Open TIME
- https://www.alumilite.com/ and use code GEEKS10 for 10% off your purchase! not only do they have resins but they also have a wide range of Mold making materials and dyes!
- Vacuum Chamber – https://amzn.to/3d0Lcew
- Smooth-On Silicone OOMOO 30 – https://amzn.to/390jsVy
- Jacquard Products Alcohol Ink – https://amzn.to/3bZF0DT
- Artisan Pigment Powder – https://amzn.to/2wF7MJC
- Vallejo Paint Set – https://amzn.to/2SYmVyC
- Acrylic Paint Brush Set – https://amzn.to/3c68gZC Novus
- 7100 Plastic Polish Kit – https://amzn.to/2SWq5Ty
- Sandpaper, Premium Wet Dry Waterproof – https://amzn.to/35iriZW 5ML
- Plastic Pipettes – https://amzn.to/2VNvUE3
- Paper Cups – https://amzn.to/2W9bX9R