THE WITCHER – Laser Cut Map of The Northern Kingdoms and The Empire of Nilfgaard
After watching the Netflix series and replaying the game, we needed to make the map for our house. If you would like to buy this map or make it yourself, we have both the files and the finished product for sale on Etsy!
- Finished piece
- Small Engrave Only – 6in x 10in – Engraved and unpainted on Cherry, Walnut, or Maple – Choose from color choices from last image. No resin, hand painting or layering. Just the map engraved on the wood of your choosing.
- Large Engrave Only -11in x 15in- Engraved and unpainted on Cherry, Walnut, or Maple – Choose from color choices from last image. No resin, hand painting or layering. Just the map engraved on the wood of your choosing.
- Small Layered with Resin – 6in x 10in- Completely finished pieces that is laser-cut on Clear Acrylic, Walnut veneer, and Cherry plywood. Hand-painted with Vallejo paints. Epoxy Resin Oceans and Rivers.
- Large Layered with Resin – 11in x 15in – Completely finished pieces that is laser-cut on Clear Acrylic, Cherry veneer, and Walnut plywood. Hand-painted with Vallejo paints. Epoxy Resin Oceans and Rivers.
- Laser Files
Below are Amazon Affiliate Links to tools used in this build. Using these links don’t cost you any extra, they just help us feed the cats and leave the lights on:
- iPad Pro – https://amzn.to/2VkfhQo
- Apple Pencil- https://amzn.to/3a7UVyh
- Glowforge – https://amzn.to/2SUXPAm
- MDF Back Panel, 11×14 – https://amzn.to/32o7fYk
- Cherry plywood and Walnut veneers – https://shop.glowforge.com/ or http://www.johnsonplasticsplus.com
- Acrylic Sheet – https://amzn.to/38WPthr or http://www.canalplastics.com
- Artisan Pigments – Mica Powder Ultimate 25 Color Set – https://amzn.to/2wF7MJC
- Pinata Color – Alcohol Ink – https://amzn.to/3bZF0DT Promarine
- Crystal Clear Table Top Epoxy Resin – https://amzn.to/2uo4oSC
- Insta-Cure Gap Filling 2oz Bob Smith Ind. – https://amzn.to/32lGZho
- E6000 Glue – https://amzn.to/2PkciDK
- UV Curing Epoxy Resin Hard – https://amzn.to/2HW4C6w
- UV Lamp – https://amzn.to/37RGAUR
- Sewing Clips – https://amzn.to/2VlWLaj
- Fine Tip Paint Markers – https://amzn.to/2HOVL6T
There are 4 layers to this map.
- BACK PANEL
- LAND MASSES AND RESIN POUR FRAME
- REVERSED CLEAR ACRYLIC PANEL – I provided the acrylic panel in reverse as well as right side up for you to decide which to use.
- TOP FRAME PANEL WITH ADDITIONAL “EMPIRE OF NILFGAARD” SCROLL PIECE
When I made this piece I used:
- 1/8 inch MDF for the BACK PANEL
- 1/8 Finished Walnut Plywood for the LAND MASSES. Promarine table top epoxy resin for the water (pour into the rivers with a syringe).
- 1/8 Clear Cast Acrylic. Engraved in reverse to have a cleaner look turned around (spray painted the engraves silver before removing the masking tape)
- 1/32 inch Cherry Vaneer with a sticker back for the TOP FRAME layer
We used a Glowforge to make our map. If anybody is interested in purchasing a Glowforge you can use our referral code to get: $500 off a pro, $250 off a plus, or $100 off a basic. We’ll get credit too! Use the link below. We love our Glowforge. Feel free to message us with any questions! https://glowforge.us/r/DSKCNJZL
Donate to our crafting addition
We have an annoyingly expensive hobby. If you like what we are doing and want to see us continue, feel free to donate to more nonsense below!